Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Elly's Peter Rabbit Shower


 
 
Let's take a step back in time, shall we?  Say to March 21st of this year, when we hosted a baby shower for Elly - who requested a Peter Rabbit theme.
 


Before the party got underway, I snapped a few photos of the décor that I'd spent ages putting together.  We had specially decorated water bottles - I do believe Ian took leftovers of these to University with him, and Nigel carted the odd one off to the gym.  I wonder what people thought!


Here's a link if you want to purchase this PDF for yourself.



I strung up a clothesline of doll clothes across the hutch in the dining-room.  Nigel remarked that it looked like a tenement.  He's such a charmer!



Also in the dining-room, dangling from the chandelier, were small cut-outs from a book of Peter Rabbit.  Now, I don't generally approve of cutting up books, but this was a somewhat battered thrift store find, a Peter Rabbit Pop-Up book that had lost quite a lot of it's pop.


The grand centerpiece of the book was a giant pop-up Mr. McGregor, who (after a good deal of cutting/pasting/reinforcing), became a grand centerpiece to watch over the trays of nibblies.


Big poufy tissue paper flowers, along with a fabulous thrifted chenille bedspread in hot pink roses thrown over the sofa.


An old bassinet to hold gifts.


Peter rabbit picture frame...


... Beatrix Potter books along the mantle, along with Jemima Puddleduck and Peter Rabbit knitted for Elly by my Mum a while back - quite a while back!


Another shot of the gift bassinet...


...balloons...


... family portraits...

and the rest of the Beatrix Potter books (mixed in with the Graham Greene).


in all the excitement of the day, I failed to take pictures of the actual guests.  So, documenting the party - fail, decorating the party - success!

2 comments:

Jane said...

LOL - failed to take pictures of actual party!!!
Everything looks lovely. I'm sure the Peter Rabbit water bottles were much envied at the gym and at University.

Drew Watts said...

Hey! This is cute. My sister is also going to have a baby and I have shortlisted some nice Venues in NYC for her baby shower. I believe that I have found a good theme for the day. I would love to share this post with rest of the people coming to the shower.