Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cosy x 2

I'm tearing up the year end, am I not?  A staggering number of blog posts in the last few days, if I do say so.  I have two cosies to share, first up the LTYC Cowl by Kelly Hechinger.  This is a fabulously quick knit done in super-bulky yarn.  The entire piece can easily be worked in an evening.
I worked it in Malabrigo Yarns Rasta in the brilliant true red colourway.  It's got a very festive vibe to it, though if I were to make another I would go down a needle size, as it's a tad huge, and I don't have an overly large head.  Did you know that many film stars have large heads?  This is a well known fact - it makes for a more photogenic person, apparently.  I suppose there's no future for me in films.

Here's someone with a biggish head, the tea cosy I knitted this past week.  She's from the Sweet Old Lady pattern by Loly Fuertes.

I've made one of her patterns before, the nurse tea cosy, which I gifted to my Mum without ever blogging about it...hmmm....I wonder what else I never mention?

Anyhoo...here she is in all her big-headed glory (not my Mum, but the Old Lady).  She's made mostly from scraps (the tea cosy!), with a hefty dose of Filatura Di Crosa Zara in black (like the angora pup mitts from the last post).

Can you see her wire-rimmed specs I crafted for her?  Adorable.

Next up I'll post the Christmas gifts I've made this year, but first I'll let the recipients
see them first.  In the mean time,
Happy Christmas!


Jane said...

the tea cozy is adorable. Love the glasses! and the knitting!!!

Anonymous said...

The tea cosy is fantastic!! J next door.