Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!



and, Happy Non-Dairy Easter, too! (Elly's special holiday.)



Earlier this week I tried my hand (yet again) at baking bread.



It wasn't too bad this time - not fabulous, but at least edible. It's a Split Tin loaf, a traditional English bread, very white, too white for my tastes. I had made a loaf of bread shortly after the reno was finished, but it was entirely inedible, even the dog wouldn't touch it. I'm learning that there's a lot of kneading involved.



Can you see the stern face at the end of the loaf?

Hee, hee, hee.

I finished working on a hat I've designed...



...that's all I'm going to show for now. I think I may have to tweak the pattern a wee bit. Normally I despise orange (not as a colour, just next to my skin-tone), but mixed with silver, I'm starting to come 'round to it.

I was considering a cardigan or pullover for my next knitting project when I was suddenly overcome with the urge to knit an Alan Dart toy. So, Barnacle Bill it is!



I haven't found a good on-line photo to link to, suffice to say, he's a 16 inch tall pirate. I started him yesterday and I'm already almost half finished all the pieces. As always with Alan Dart patterns, it's the sewing and finishing rather than the knitting that is the time consuming part of the process, so we'll have to just wait and see how long this takes me.

3 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

the kneading is the reason I purchased a bread machine. Best thing I ever purchased:) Bread looks good even with the stern face

Jane said...

Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny came to our house and left us lots of chocolate too. we haven't eaten any yet.

Love your artistic bread!!! You are so talented!!!!

Can't wait to see more of the knitting.

martiangirl said...

Yeah, that easter bunny, he was taunting me wit his non-kosher-for-passover chocolates. Lovely loaf.