Saturday, August 15, 2009

Still Here



Sorry for the long time between posts, life simply hasn't been running as smoothly as I would like. I could take a chunk of your time and start complaining about our overly sensitive computer (*%$#@%& Vista), but I'm not going to do that, I'll just breath deeply and move on...

The roof is nearly done, the only thing left are shingles, which should arrive next week. There's a beautiful new chimney - which I haven't seen yet, it's living under a tarp until this (*%$#@%&) rain stops. All the tradesmen that saw it tell me it's a beaut. As soon as I can, I`ll post some photos.

I finished the Tangled Yoke Cardi mentioned in this post. It`s blocking and lovely - though not as lovely as the first one I made and ruined. The first I knit with two strands of lace weight yarn held together and it was light as a feather, this one is with a DK weight alpaca and it weighs a TONNE. I thought the needles were going to snap when I was finishing the collar - they didn`t. I shall post pictures of that in my next post. I`ve also nearly finished the Stardust Clapotis mentioned here, photos will follow of that as well.

Knitting is one of the few things keeping me sane right now. Ah, reno-ing...

I can`t believe how long it`s been since I posted...

Nigel and Ian had gone to Chicago this past week to attend Lollapalooza, and lo!, they were captured on film. Here they are at the Dan Deacon concert, they decided to escape the crushing throng at the front of the stage and opted to hang back by the sound booth. Ian`s in a navy shirt and khaki cap and Nigel`s in the grey shirt. I like how Ian leans in to make sure the old man is using the camera properly, and then skips the last part of the tune to check the images Nigel has captured. Hee, hee.

My adorable boys:

No comments: