Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hiya



I've almost finished the little cardigan for the baby due in June. I still need to sew the last seams and find five wee matching buttons. You probably think that in that vast stash of buttons I have there would be five that match, and yet...



I made a new start on the second Molly Ringwald. The one I made last summer was all together too big and was dismantled and re-knit into a fine linen shell earlier this spring, and now I'm using the lovely cotton I over-dyed and working the pattern one size smaller. This knit is super-quick and I've already finished the front.

I've almost caught up on all those unfinished projects (understand please, that doesn't include all the materials, tools, patterns and what-not that have been purchased for ALL the projects swirling around my head - just the ones that had ACTUALLY been started). The exception is, my knitting friends know, the Seaweed Stole I started last summer. It's just a huge beast of a project - very time consuming, and takes up a large work-space. I have to have a dish of beads, a small crochet hook, the yarn, the needles, the pattern as well as near complete silence. I've been foolishly thinking I can work on it during the house reno this summer - crammed into a much tighter living space, dust flying everywhere and the constant drone of power tools. Perhaps in the autumn, yes?

Last week I was out for a gander at Mike's General Store and found some old magazine adverts that I just couldn't resist. My plan is to frame them up and perhaps have them hanging in the new craft room.



From the twenties, look a little closer, it says Smart Frocks for Small Maidens
- so sweet...



Also from the twenties, Daintiness and Durability - honestly, what kinda gal could resist that?



And from the forties,



Yup, Wired for Witchery. I think this would be a great logo for an online psychic. I fear I may have to battle Elly for ownership of this one.



Elly sent a wee parcel this week filled with all kinds of delights. Some fantastic stationary stickers from Paris (for Mother's Day) as well as a great load of Miniatures for the dollhouse from a shop in Dublin . I'll have to start working on that dollhouse again (hmmm....pre- or post- reno, I'm not sure). I'll show pictures of all my little mini treasures another time.

She also sent a box of chocolates from Paris.



They're not ALL gone. Not YET.

She also sent us these crazy new flavours of crisps.



Yes, that does say Cajun Squirrel (which wasn't too bad). Onion Bhaji was the best and Fish and Chips was absolutely revolting. I also thought Builder's Breakfast was quite foul, but Ian and Nigel disagreed.

Don't expect any of these flavours to cross the pond.

2 comments:

vanessa said...

Hugo and I have tried all those crisps, and I agree, most of them are pretty yucky, I also thought the onion bhaji was the best. This campaign from Walker crisps is rather brilliant though, so quirky, so English, I love it! Your knitting is just fabulous, that little cardigan is so sweet!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

emerald_away said...

That wee cardy looks fantastic! And your over-dyed seems to be making a fine Molly Ringwald. Don't lose so much weight that this one ends up being massive on you too! There will most definitely be a battle for the Wired for Witchery picture. I'm glad the parcel arrived! Was all the doll stuff in-tact? How were the choccies? Walkers announced the winning flavour of crisps this week. Builder's Breakfast is the newest official Walkers flavour.