Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poor Tamless Bunny



This little bunny was staring in the Dining-room window the other day, no doubt wishing he were out of the freezing cold and in somewhere cosy.

I've been working on a tam with the hand-dyed yarn Elly gave me for Christmas.



The pattern is called Spin Me Right Round (Hey - I have that song on my IPod!), and it's available free on Ravelry, but you have to be a member to see it - though I'll let you know it's a simple yarn over knit two together repeat. Elly was making the same pattern for herself while she was in town, and I decided I wasn't too old for a slouchy cool tam.

Close up it looks like a million birds taking flight. I'm hoping that Elly (who is now home in Dublin - and yes, the airline DID find her luggage)) finds that an uplifting and inspiring notion. I'll say no more (for now).



I think I should knit tiny little tams for all the neighbourhood bunnies with the leftovers from this yarn, a la Benjamin Bunny. Perhaps, Elly, you could do the same for all those little tamless Irish bunnies.

For all of you who missed the 1980's, let's have a listen to Dead or Alive (Hey, my tam would, like, totally co-ordinate with his outfit!).

And yes children, that really is what men looked like in the '80's

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary! That guy with the eye patch loooked like he was wearing masquera. Nice tam though, the poor bunny, I wonder why it isn't in a den or whatever it is keeping warm? Good thing the airline people found Elly's luggage.

emerald_away said...

Irish bunnies are born with tams.

I also have that song on my iPod...or should I not be admitting that to people?