Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Handmade April

I managed to get Jane's handmade-of-the-month for April to her last week. In honour of spingtime and planting I made a little gardening apron. Elly's going to model for us again.



Made from the basic instructions from Martha Stewart. I changed things up a little bit. Instead of linen I made the outer layer from a Michael Miller laminated cotton and then lined the apron with a turquoise cotton. I was very pleased with how it turned out.

I also added some nasturium seeds. These little plants are a real joy to grow. They like to be in the ground instead of in containers and they thrive on neglect - very little water, lots of sun. You end up with lovely little plants with bright happy flowers, and best of all you can eat the flowers and leaves. They have a spicy radishy taste and are very nice on salads (we ate quite a few of these last summer).



Happy Handmade April Jane!

No comments: