Saturday, February 9, 2008

Scarves For Winter

It's been ages since I posted. I blame the mid-winter blahs and a feeling of being generally worn out. I even skipped out on one of the bi-monthly knitting meetings.

Even though no-one's seen me lately, I've still been busy on the needles.

I started and finished a quick knit scarf out of a hank from the stash, a Handmaiden Yarn, or maybe Fiddlesticks, I can't remember.



The yarn has a fair bit of silk in it, giving it a lovely drape and sheen. I just did a simple all over, yarn-over pattern. I'm very pleased with it.




I also made this kit, from Morehouse Farms. The pattern was fun, and I thought it might be an idea for potential Christmas presents for next year.



This pattern was only sold as a kit and, though I love the colour, I don't care for the yarn at all. It's 100% wool, but feels like acrylic. In fact to be specific, it feels like Phentex, eewww , ick.

I would definitely make this pattern again, but with a softer yarn, maybe a Sirdar worsted weight.

I also started working on one of the two dollhouse kits I got this past Christmas.

I've been working on the exterior paint.



I'm trying to make it look like limestone. For the time being the interior is pale cream.




Next up is the wiring. I've never done anything like this before, so I need to wrap my mind around the entire concept before I start. I'll show more of this project as I get around to tackling different parts.

And in the mail? Well, Jane sent January's button-of-the-month!




These buttons are adorable. Kittens in the snow, the whimsical, cartoonish quality reminds me of Jane. Er, no, wait, I mean it reminds me of the kind of art Jane likes.



Thank you Jane, I love them, don't they make winter look like fun?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little aligator! He is so adorable, where do you find such amazing crafts?

Anonymous said...

Kittens? Mum, I'm pretty sure those buttons are bears...

Jane said...

I thought they were bears. Thea told me the circles are snow. Also I love the dragon/alligator scarf....
Jane

aniexma said...

Hmm... now that you mention it they do look like bears. I was sure they were kittens before. Maybe it was the way the light hit them.

noricum said...

Those buttons are *adorable*!

You don't like the Morehouse Merino yarn? It felt soft when I've felt it before. That pattern is so cute! I've been tempted to get a kit, but I have a bunch of higher priority things to do first. (Why is there never enough knitting time and money?)

I love that blue scarf. It's such a pretty colour.

Your dollhouse looks like it will be fantastic when it's done. I really wanted one of those handmade ones as a kid.

Anonymous said...

That doll house looks like a long term project... maybe you should start on your new kitchen as well and see which one get finished first!

Oh, and those aren't kittens or bears... they're ewoks!!