Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Second, Third and Fourth Objects Finished

Well, what a week it's been. My Dad had his bypass surgery on Tuesday and he'll be out of hospital on Sunday - you can't beat Canadian health care. I'm going to be heading out to the West Coast to help my Mum with the first week home from the hospital, mostly driving and running errands I should think. Being so far away can be tedious; the best thing, of course, is to keep busy, which is exactly what I've been doing

In fact, it's been a stellar week for finishing objects.

First up:



A hat for a friend. Made from this yarn in a pattern whose origin escapes me at the moment. I think it's from a book called "Hats", but just try Googling THAT!.

Next finished was a wee hat for Ian, who likes purple and green:




This one was made from Debbie Bliss Rialto (one of my new favourites) and used the pattern Scrunchie Hat by Lucy Neatby. I made one of these for myself a few years back; my daughter and I agreed it looked like a tea cosy more than a hat, no doubt because I made it too big. Ian's has turned out a bit on the small side, which is how the pattern recommends it be made, but I think next time I'll try for a happier medium.

And finally:



The Tangled Yoke cardigan, remember? That's back to my first ever post. The cardi is looking a little rumpled here, mainly because it needs to be soaked and blocked as it's lived in the bottom of the knitting basket for a long time. I have no desire to block it at the moment; I'm quite sick of looking at it.

Now I need to share with you a fantastic find. The next big project I want to tackle is the Seaweed Stole by Needle Beetle. I thought I might like to knit this in silk, and I was going to need 2040 m of lace weight yarn: that can get a bit pricey. While looking for silk lace weight yarn, I came across a company called Colour Mart in the U.K., and on their site I found 100% silk lace weight yarn. A lovely 2128 m cone in aqua for only $16US, and that price included shipping! It also took less than two weeks to be delivered. Wow!



I can't wait to get started working with this yarn, if it works up as lovely as it looks I'll be smitten. Also going for it: the address of the company is;

Featherbed Lane,
Shrewsbury

How adorable is that? I just have to order something else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

god we have some stupid street names over here! it sounds sweet, but i bet you it's an industrial estate! xx

Jane said...

wonderful hats - especially the one with the tassel! The pink cardigan looks lovely. We need to see a picture of you wearing it.

noricum said...

I love the blue and yellow hat. Congrats on finishing the tangled yoke cardigan!

Anonymous said...

Actually, as it turns out, it's pretty easy to beat Canadian health care...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080121.whealthranking0121/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home

Penny said...

Anne when you to help you with your wonderful blogging posts you have been tagged with tell the 7 facts MEME. See my blog for more information