Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another Mad Direction




Look what arrived for me in the post today.



The brand new book by Joelle Hoverson at purlsoho.




This book is gorgeous. I love the way this book and her previous book, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, are written. There are lots of projects, divided into "time to make" chapters. Beautifully photograph, and look:



I had it signed by the author. I feel like I should join a fan club.

There are so many projects I want to start. Hillary Lang at Wee Wonderfuls has a pattern for Peanut, the Wee Elephant and Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk Studios has instructions for the Coloured Pencil Roll, both absolutely fabulous. My favourite though is the Colour-Wheel Quilt.



Very simple and straight-forward, and best of all, the bulk of thinking on this project is deciding on which fabrics to buy, and there are so, so many.

I'm sure Nigel is whimpering somewhere in a corner, clutching his chequebook. I think I should make him a nice quilt to nap under, or maybe a pillow to rest his head on. A good idea, no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You changed this site really quickly! Now I can talk to you. Good thing?
WPGGAL

aniexma said...

Not just good , but great. Talk away!

Anonymous said...

I'm not "whimpering in a corner". I'm curled up under my desk whimpering.