Monday, August 27, 2007

My Own Wee Wonderfuls

My young niece Thea (she's just ten) took up knitting in the last little while and, while visiting us this summer, presented me with her very first completed project. A little pouch from the Klutz Knitting for Kids book.




I was very impressed with this project. Her tension is perfect and I really liked the colour of yarn she chose. Look how well it goes with my ipod, I'm going to use it as a wee ipod cozy this autumn(it helps the battery last longer). Thank you again Thea. Really well done.



I have great plans to have all kinds of links and lists on this blog, but I still have to learn how to do all those things. In the mean time I thought I would tell you about my favourite blog, Wee Wonderfuls. Operated by a woman in the States named Hillary Lang, it always has the sweetest projects going on. She sells her patterns on-line and, though I don't sign up for everything, I've never been disappointed with her instructions. Last autumn I purchased her Make-a-Long Story. Too, too adorable.

Here are Olive and Archie:




Their backpacks:




Their friend Mr. Paws:





And their sleeping rolls:





There is still more of the story to come. I can't wait for the next installment of the story of Olive and Archie (all about their first day of school). You can check out Wee Wonderfuls on-line, just Google it.

Progress continues on the pink sweater and the Asian cross-stitch, but I'll wait to show you photos when progress is more easily seen in a photo.

No comments: